Panasonic, one of the backers of a new active 3D shutter glasses standard, has a trio of eyewear which look rather fashionable, where it is also touted to be the lightest in the world by weighing a mere 26 grams. The new models are said to deliver increased comfort for long-time viewing without making your eyes tired, while offering brighter 3D images to boot. The internal battery takes just a couple of minutes to juice up, making it a whole lot easier than ever before to wear over the bridge of your nose.
Panasonic managed to send the idea of 3D eyewear to the fathouse, resulting in a slimmer and more svelte form factor with a LCD lens thickness that has been reduced, cutting out 30% thereabouts off the total weight when you pit it against its predecessors. Apart from that, it will also raise light transmissivity of the shutters by 10% over their previous model, while temple portions have been widened in order to prevent additional lights from entering at the sides – resulting in bright, crisp 3D viewing.
As mentioned earlier, the two minutes of charging can deliver up to 3 hours of use over VIERA TV’s USB terminal. When you juice it up for half an hour, that translates to a whopping 25 hours of use. Want to switch to 2D? No problem, just flip the switch and the magic is done, delivering only a single eye’s image.
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon