We do know that Panasonic is working on a new kind of LUMIX digital camera that is said to debut at IFA 2011, and the most recent press release touts a winter release date. Just what does this compact digital camera offer? For starters, it allows you to snap 3D photos as well as capture your favorite memories in stereoscopic 3D glory, in HD resolution to boot.
Just how did this particular new camera cram in all the features into a relatively small body? For starters, it will make use of a couple of newly developed 4x zoom lenses thanks to thin, folded optics. With its optical zoom system, it will deliver highly versatile 3D shooting with wide angle to telephoto, not to mention an Optical Image Stabilizer that will also be hard at work regardless of whether you shoot 2D and 3D images/videos.
There are advantages in the incorporation of the twin-lens design, where they can shoot full-pixel 2D photos while capturing 2D videos simultaneously. In addition, this new shooter can also capture 3D HD videos in the AVCHD format thanks to the side-by-side method. We expect to get a photo of this new LUMIX very, very soon and will update accordingly. [Press Release]
Next Story: HTC Titan hands-on
- 2014-03-18: Peanuts 3D Set To Grace The Silver Screen In 2015
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-01-16: Adobe Introduces 3D Printing Capabilities In Photoshop
- 2014-01-15: Pin Screen On A Building Looks Out Of This World
- 2014-01-06: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS40 Compact Camera
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-11-27: IZON Wants You To View 3D LED TVs Sans 3D Glasses
- 2012-09-14: Panasonic Lumix GH3 spotted in a leak
- 2011-11-07: Panasonic Lumix 3D1 jumps aboard the 3D bandwagon
- 2011-09-06: Panasonic 3D camera lens developed