At the upcoming International Home Care & Rehabilitation Exhibition (HCR 2011) on October 5-7th, 2011 in Tokyo, Japan; Panasonic will be showing off its new HOSPI-Rimo robot, Hair-Washing Robot and RoboticBed. These robots were specially designed to support people who need assistance to lead safe, comfortable and pleasant lives.
The HOSPI-Rimo is a robot that helps bed-ridden or folks with limited mobility to communicate with other people i.e. an attending doctor in a separate room in the hospital or friends who live far away. With the HOSPI-Rimo, they can communicate as if they were face to face (just that they won’t be able to touch each other through the robot).
The Hair-Washing Robot does exactly what its name says – it washes the hair of people who aren’t well enough to do it themselves. From wetting to shampooing, rinsing, conditioning and drying – the Hair-Washing Robot does it all. It would be interesting to see if Panasonic will come up with a Hair-Cut Robot next.
Lastly, the RoboticBed is an electric bed that can transform into an electric wheelchair and vice versa. For folks who can’t get out of bed, yet need to move around – the RoboticBed is the perfect solution. No word on pricing or availability, but if you happen to be at HCR 2011, you could drop by to check out to robots.
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2011-09-26: HOSPI-Rimo communication assistance robot from Panasonic
- 2009-08-10: Evolta robot establishes a new world record
- 2010-09-24: Panasonic hair-washing robot
- 2010-09-24: Panasonic Roboticbed gets more practical with new design