Micro Four-Thirds cameras are starting to catch on, namely due to their quality and interchangeable lens which has managed to blur the line between compact cameras and DSLRs. This has resulted in manufacturers aggressively pushing out their cameras, and with the Panasonic GH2 released last year, it’s only normal that we should be able to expect an update or refresh to the GH series this year, but for Panasonic GH3 hopefuls, it does not appear to be the case.
According to Panasonic who spoke to TechRadar, the company has confirmed that there will be no upgrade to the Panasonic GH2 this year. The company went on to state that next year’s Photokina would be a very important event for Panasonic (the same could be said for other camera manufacturers), which seems to hint that perhaps if you were looking forward to a possible GH3, you will only be seeing it in September next year.
- 2014-04-23 Panasonic 4K Ultra HD LED Video Board To Be Unveiled April 26 At Churchill Downs
- 2014-04-18 One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24 Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10 Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09 Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2013-08-04 Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm/F1.2 Lens Announced By Panasonic
- 2011-11-07 Panasonic Lumix GX1 joins Micro Four Thirds family
- 2011-07-22 Leaked photo of Nikon's mirrorless camera sensor
- 2011-07-18 Panasonic GF3 Review
- 2011-06-13 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 debuts