Are you interested in being able to play Nintendo Wii on your Android tablet? We’re not sure why you would want to do that, perhaps for novelty value? Well either way, Obiwan222222 has come up with a way to play your Nintendo Wii from your Android tablet via network streaming.
Now for those of you who aren’t familiar with Obiwan222222, he’s a modder who seems to love his Wii quite a bit. So much so he has gone and made Wii games playable on the PSP, the iPod touch, and now it looks like he has brought the Wii over onto Android tablets, or to be more specific, the wildly popular ASUS Eee Pad Transformer.
Through the use of an Android app called Splashtop, which basically connects to your computer via VNC, and through the keyboard dock of the Transformer, he attached an Xbox 360 wireless controller. He then loaded up the Super Mario Galaxy 2 game on his PC via the Dolphin emulator, and voila! It appears that the game is up and running just fine.
Naturally there would be some lag since you’re not playing the game directly from the tablet, but based on the video (below), it appears to be playable. Interested in setting up something similar for yourself? Watch the video below for a demonstration and an explanation.RELATED
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Follow: Android, asus, nintendo wii, splashtop, transformer,
- Seen at: engadget