Love playing games on your Android phone but wished that you had physical buttons to play your favorite games on it, well it turns out that it’s possible. Some developers have managed to create an app that allows your Android Phone to recognize the PlayStation 3 controller as an accessory which you can use to play games on your phone.
The app is called Sixaxis Controller, but it requires some setting up in order to work. However not all phones are compatible with it at the moment (so you’ll need to download the free compatibility checker first to see if it works). And in case you’re wondering – yes, your phone needs to be rooted. Sure sounds like a lot of trouble, but the novelty of being able to play your favorite PlayStation games (via an emulator) on your Android phone is worth it right? Especially if your phone packs HDMI output, it’s like turning your phone into a mini console.
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2013-10-25: Sony PlayStation App Arriving This November 13th
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-09-16: R2-D2 With Built-In Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Now Available For $800
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2011-01-17: VUDU for PlayStation 3 available now