It has been previously mentioned that the PlayStation Vita will have only 3-5 hours of battery life under normal gaming conditions – a number less than ideal, especially for hardcore games that don’t want to end up sitting next to a power outlet all day just to get their daily fix of gaming. However, there is a solution in the works. Sony revealed that it is working on an external battery to power the vita.
It wasn’t mentioned how much life the extended battery will add but “if you’re flying from New York to San Francisco, or vice versa, you have no concerns if you have an additional external battery.” So it should last quite a while. No word on pricing either, but I guess we’ll just have to wait for the PS Vita to be released before we find out. What do you think of the console’s touted battery life of 3-5 hours? Is that enough for you?
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2013-09-09: PlayStation Vita TV Won't Run All Vita Games
- 2011-10-20: Sony launches PlayStation Vita developer diaries
- 2011-10-18: PlayStation Vita confirmed for February 2012