If you’re planning to have a trip to Japan just so you can be one of the first few people in the world to own a PlayStation Vita, you better start booking those tickets right now. The official release date for Sony’s next generation handheld console has been confirmed by the company itself – it’s going to be on sale December 17th in Japan. The $250 console is a huge step up from the current generation PSP, with new features such as dual touch surfaces, dual analogs, and dual cameras, with a whole bunch of exciting games lined up for its release.
No word on when the PlayStation Vita will be released in the rest of the world yet but people are expecting an end of December, early January release in the US. Keep those fingers crossed. Anybody planning to fly to Japan to stand in line for the Vita this December?
Next Story: Epson MegaPlex projectors target iDevices
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2013-09-09: PlayStation Vita TV Won't Run All Vita Games
- 2013-08-15: Sony Holding Gamescom Press Conference On August 20
- 2013-05-28: Rayman Legends Headed To PS Vita In September [Update]