If you’re a huge fan of the Resistance series of games on the Sony PS3 console, then you would be pleased to hear that Resistance 3 has been introduced in North America as of today – while our friends over in Europe will have to hold out a little bit longer (we’re looking at a couple of days, or 3 tops) before they can enjoy some mind-numbing FPS sessions. It has taken three years to complete this particular work, so for those who have certainly enjoyed Resistance 2, then we hope that the wait has been worth it.
You continue to play the role of heroic survivor Joseph Capelli who is making his cross-country trip to New York. It will not be the America that you know it in 1957, but rather, it is a brutal alternative, allowing you to view the dust storm from a Chimeran Terraformer, a flooded town, young rebels fighting to take back St. Louis from the Chimera, haunted mine towns and a snow packed New York City (minus Santa Claus, of course).
In order to make the game even more immersive, you will be able to enjoy it in different modes such as 2-player co-op, either split-screen or online. As for the thing that might finally push you into making a purchase decision, how about checking out the 12th and final Resistance 3 weapon, the Cryogun in the video below? Enjoy!
Next Story: BenQ RL2240H monitor is designed for RTS gamers
- 2012-11-20: Resistance Collection PS3 Arrives December 5th
- 2012-10-04: Resistance Collection arrives on the PS3 in winter
- 2012-06-26: Sony has no definitive plans for Resistance series, says report
- 2012-04-12: Resistance: Burning Skies multiplayer details announced
- 2011-09-06: Resistance 3 for the PS3 arrives in the US
- 2011-04-23: Will Resistance use the NGP's camera to pick up weapons?