Remember Rocksmith, the game that was introduced way back in March at the SXSW event this year? Well, we’re getting closer to its release date (October 18th), and Ubisoft has announced that it will be supporting co-op play from the same console and on the same TV – unfortunately you’ll need to purchase an accessory in order to make it possible (not to mention you’ll need a second guitar lying around the house as well).
Called the Real Tone Cable, the ¼” to USB cable will be released in the US at the same time as the game’s launch and will turn the analog signals from your electric guitar into digital signals that can be recognized and played through the console. The cable will be 11.25′ in length and will carry an MSRP of $29.99. Rocksmith players won’t have to be lonely while playing the game anymore. Any of you looking forward to picking this game up when it is released next month?
Next Story: Google+ app for iOS updated 9/23/2011
- 2013-04-15: Star Wars Guitars Places Millennium Falcon At Your Fingertips
- 2013-04-08: The Email Guitar Lets You Shred Your Way To Responding To Correspondences
- 2013-03-24: NES Shaped Guitar
- 2012-08-02: Cybertech T-RON custom electric guitar
- 2012-05-21: gTar could bring out the virtuoso in you