Roku must have a pretty strong negotiating team that the media streaming oganization has managed to work out an agreement with Internet search giant Google alongside Disney, where we bring you word on the development of a YouTube channel as well as a partnership with Disney.
There was an unofficial attempt to release a viral video, although Google moved in quickly to make sure the viral video did not go very far. Roku on the other hand, did confirm over their Facebook account that they have plans for a new YouTube channel, in addition to rolling out a Disney channel that allows fans of Mickey and gang to enjoy short form videos such as animation, movie trailers and bootylicious music videos.
Does all these partnerships seem to make Roku all the more compelling? One thing I can say is this – the upcoming holiday season is definitely not going to be a dull one, no sir! [Press Release]
Next Story: Sony Tablet S cracked open, spills innards
- 2014-04-18: Chrome High DPI: How To Enable It In Windows 8, 8.1 (v34+)
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-01: Nintendo 3DS XL Gets Disney Magical World Edition
- 2014-03-03: Disney And Dish Arrive At A TV Distribution Deal
- 2014-02-25: Disney Movies Anywhere iOS App Offers Easy Access To All Movies
- 2013-12-24: Twitter Co-Founder Jack Dorsey Joins Walt Disney's Board
- 2013-12-05: Zact Teams Up With Disney To Deliver Family-Friendly Smartphone Service
- 2011-04-21: YouTube removed from Roku