The FCC must have had a field time recently, playing around with yet another unidentified Roku LT player known only by its model number – 2400X. The model number does seem to point towards it being a previous generation device, considering the Roku 2 range begins with “30″.
It will be marketed as the Roku LT and will most probably be part of the new low-cost member of the range, and thankfully, this is not a rebranded piece of old technology. While inside you will find a familiar Broadcom 2835 SoC which is also at the heart of the Roku 2 XD, XS and HD, it maxes out at 720p in the same way like the low-end HD.
Despite that, you will find the Roku LT cramming in more RAM (to 256MB) compared to the current budget minded model, although missing Bluetooth connectivity support as well as the lack of a SD memory card slot might justify the relatively affordable price point.RELATED
- Google Glass Plays Nice With WordPress Unofficially
- Samsung Co-CEO Acknowledges Possibility Of Flexible TVs
- Zepp 3D Motion Sensor Lets You Analyze Your Baseball, Golf Or Tennis Swing
- First Wearable App Awards Results Are Out
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Follow: roku, set top box,
- Seen at: engadget