Apple has certainly inflicted a few notable blows towards Samsung by getting injunctions against the South Korean conglomerate that prevents them from selling their tablets and smartphones in certain countries around the world, and even in Australia, Samsung will still need to wait until the end of the month before the judge decides on whether Apple Inc.’s patent-infringement claims have any basis to them to warrant a sales ban.
Federal Court Justice Annabelle Bennett might just grant a “brief” injunction on sales of the Samsung tablet while mulling over arguments from both sides – where the Galaxy Tab will be banned until the dispute is resolved. Having said that, it is recommended that both sides consider starting their patent-infringement trial without any further delay.
I guess Apple certainly sees Samsung as a very real threat to their iPhone and iPad sales, so it is interesting to see them move so quickly against Samsung in major markets worldwide. With all the lawsuits flying around, it does seem as though a drawn out affair is on the cards – but hopefully for the sakes of consumers, both companies will be free to sell their wares everywhere and let the end user decide with his/her wallet.RELATED
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- Japan Leads The U.S. In App Revenue
- Nexus 7 Folio Case Available In Google Play Store
- Microsoft Reportedly Considering Waiving Windows Phone And Windows RT Licensing Fees
- Follow: Apple Inc, australia, ban, lawsuit, Samsung,
- Seen at: businessweek