Just last week we reported that the Samsung Epic Touch 4G had it source code released by Samsung, in an effort to give back to the Android developer’s community. Unfortunately at that time, the source code release and all its mods and ROMs that followed would be pretty much moot unless the device itself was rooted.
It appears that the wishes of many Samsung Epic Touch 4G users have been heard and granted, and it looks like the device has been rooted, which is pretty darn fast considering it was just made available only last Friday!
There are currently two root methods available, one by Shabbypenguin and the other by Zedomax. They both appear to be largely similar in terms of their root methods, but Zedomax’s method seems to be working the best, with Shabbypenguin’s method causing the device not to have any haptic feedback. If you’re interested in rooting your Samsung Epic Touch 4G with either method, just head on down here for Zedomax’s method and here for Shabbypenguin’s method, both complete with instructions and downloads and accompanying videos.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: developers, epic touch 4g, rooting, Samsung, xda,
- Seen at: androidpolice