At the moment there are currently two rumored “Prime” devices under Samsung’s name – the Nexus Prime which is supposedly the third handset in the Nexus series, and the Droid Prime, which is supposed to be Verizon’s answer to the Samsung Galaxy S2 handset. According to Phandroid who received the tip from one of their readers, a Samsung Prime is indeed in the works and is expected to be announced next month after the rumored iPhone 5 launch.
The iPhone 5 is currently rumored to be announced at the end of September and expected to be launched in October, which means if the email exchange above is true, an announcement of the Samsung Prime will be somewhere around then as well. Apparently the email was an exchange between Phandroid’s reader and his/her close friend that works at Verizon.
Based on the email it looks like at the moment only the word “Prime” is being mentioned, with no mention of Droid although that seems to remain a possibility. Naturally we can’t speak for the credibility of the email, but at the moment Bluetooth SIG certifications and a blank Samsung support page seems to suggest that the device does exist on some level, but when it will be launched/announced and details surrounding its specs still remains to be seen.
Next Story: Sprint to get their own iPad? (Rumor)
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2012-03-20: Verizon rumored to be testing Android 4.0.5 for the Galaxy Nexus
- 2012-02-23: Verizon customers are petitioning for the Samsung Galaxy Note
- 2011-10-21: Verizon officially announces the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-10-14: Galaxy Nexus pops up in Verizon inventory system
- 2011-10-06: Samsung Galaxy Nexus specs revealed?