Heads up Japan, if 3D phones are your thing and the LG Optimus 3D and HTC EVO 3D just don’t cut it for you, it looks like another Sharp Aquos Android handset is headed your way, and this time it will be in the 3D variety with the Sharp Aquos SH8298U.
In terms of specs, the SH8298U will be sporting a 4.2” qHD glasses-free 3D display and is powered by a 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that is aided by the Adreno 205 GPU. It will come with 512MB of RAM, 2GB of internal storage (which can be expanded via a microSD card slot), dual 8MP cameras at the back (for shooting in 3D) and will be coming shipped with Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.
It will come in red or white and oddly enough it only features three hardware buttons as opposed to the four that we are used to seeing on other Android devices. Based on the specs alone, the Sharp Aquos SH8298U is looking up to be a mid-ranged Android device, but unfortunately no word on price or availability outside of Japan.
Next Story: mLogic launches mDock for Mac computers
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2011-11-25: Sharp Aquos SH-01D will arrive in Japan first, US later
- 2011-11-11: Sharp Aquos SH-01D makes a pit stop at the FCC
- 2011-09-29: Sharp AQUOS 104SH to run on Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-05-23: Sharp Aquos Hybrid 007SH shows up at the FCC
- 2011-05-19: Sharp AQUOS Phone The Hybrid 007SH: a feature-packed Android clamshell phone (updated)