Pokémon fans (yes, we know you’re out there) would do well to keep their eyes peeled and glued to their TVs this coming Sunday (September 18th) if you’re in Japan. The rest of us just need to stay online. According to reports, Game Freak’s Pokémon director, Junichi Masuda will be appearing on a Japanese Pokémon show called Pokémon Smash and on the show he will be making a “shock announcement”. Other than the fact that it is supposed to be shocking, no other clues were given.
Any guesses to what the announcement will be? The most shocking thing I can think of would be the availability of Pokémon on non-Nintendo consoles. Perhaps a Pokémon FPS game? The discontinuation of the franchise (highly unlikely)? But I guess we’ll just have to stay tuned until the 18th to find out.
Next Story: Courts of the future rely on LED lines
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-25: Free Pokemon X Or Y Next Month From Nintendo
- 2014-02-17: Nintendo Announces New Diancie Pokemon
- 2013-12-04: Nintendo 2DS Bundled With Pokemon X/Y Coming Dec. 6
- 2013-11-08: Nintendo Trademarks "Great Detective Pikachu" Title