Sonim Technologies, the name behind the world’s toughest phone, will be working to roll out the XP5300 Force 3G in Europe. This is an ultra-rugged handset that will target hard hat-wearing workers who plunge themselves into extreme and remote environments each time they go to their “office”, or even for folks who just love spending time outdoors and do not want to fret or worry about their phone.
The Sonim XP5300 Force 3G is one tough cookie – it even goes past the MIL-SPEC rugged standards, where it can survive even in wastewater 2 meters deep. Apart from that, it is water- and dust-proof, and is able to survive a drop onto concrete from a height of 2 meters – surely that is higher than where most of our pockets are?
You won’t find this to be as “cool” as an iPhone or Android smartphone though, since the 2″ Gorilla Glass display is rather small in comparison, but at least it is 1.5mm thick, boasting the highest levels of scratch and shock resistance.
No idea on how much it will cost in Europe when it arrives though, but we do hear whispers of it going for $699 in the US.
Update: It will retail for £395 in the UK when it hits the market.
Next Story: PS3 3.72 system software update coming your way
- 2014-04-22: Xplore XC6 Series Rugged Tablet Takes In Any Punishment
- 2013-05-21: Caterpillar Announces B15 Rugged Android Smartphone
- 2013-03-10: Sprint Sonim XP STRIKE Is One Tough Cookie
- 2012-12-19: Sprint’s Sonim XP Strike Announced
- 2011-10-11: Sonim announces trio of handsets
- 2011-09-20: Sonim XP1301 Core NFC is most rugged NFC handset ever
- 2010-02-16: Sonim XP2 Spirit arrives
- 2010-09-27: Sonim XP1300 Core Rugged Phone To Be Announced In Oct
- 2010-10-06: Sonim XP1300 CORE rugged handset announced