The Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro was introduced earlier this year at MWC 2011, scheduled to arrive not long after, but then was severely delayed until Q4 of this year. Earlier this week, the phone was confirmed to arrive in the UK on October 6th, but it looks like some folks have managed to get their hands on the phone already. They unboxed it, filmed it and shared it with the world thanks to YouTube.
Just in case you need a refresher course, the Xperia Pro is Sony Ericsson’s Android phone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It sports specs similar to the Xperia Neo – the phone features a 3.7″ FWGA (854 x 480) scratch-resistant display, WiFi, DLNA, GPS, HDMI output, USB 2.0, an Exmor R camera, and an included 8GB microSD memory card. Let’s not forget Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
The unboxing video shows us that it’s like to take the phone out of the box, and what comes packaged with the phone. The phone will be available in red, black and silver, and judging by the video it seems to have pretty zippy performance, so no complaints there. Check out the video and see for yourself. Anybody planning on picking up this phone when it goes on sale?
Next Story: Mortal Kombat movie reboot given the green light
- 2014-02-27: Jean-Claude Van Damme Epic Split In Space
- 2014-01-07: Arcsoft SimpliCam with Closeli Cloud Service
- 2013-12-17: Replay for iOS Makes Cool Videos Automatically in Seconds
- 2013-09-03: Video Earrings Are Small LCDs That Hang From Your Earlobes
- 2013-08-26: Sony NEX-5T with WiFi, NFC and Fast Hybrid AF
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2012-02-03: Sony Ericsson Xperia NX up for pre-order next week
- 2012-01-23: Sony Ericsson ST25i Kumquat to be called Xperia U?
- 2011-07-21: Skype now supports video calling on the Xperia Pro and Xperia Neo
- 2011-01-26: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (PlayStation Phone) given an in-depth preview