If you love the feeling of running, having all the wind run through your hair while you lengthen your stride in order to catch up with whoever is in front of you, then we bring you good news from Sony – as they have just announced their special edition Meb Keflezighi NWZ-W262 Walkman MP3 player that is the same make as the lightweight, water-resistant W260 model (that you can see above), although this purchase will come with extra content from the U.S. Olympic medalist and 2009 ING New York City Marathon Champion.
For starters, you will get a custom Energy Orange trim over black design, while you can enjoy 24 minutes of pre-loaded audio that shares running tips from Meb himself to get you started right out of the box. Folks who prefer reading can always refer to a running booklet that contains information on getting started, nutrition, stretching, race strategy and Meb’s favorite runners’ playlist.
Sony will also contribute to the MEB Foundation in support of youth fitness, health and education with each purchase, although we are not sure just how much of a percentage that will be. Expect it to run for 8 hours straight on a single charge – not long enough for some who are just starting out to complete a marathon. Expect to pick up the special edition Meb Keflezighi Walkman W-Series from this October onwards for a highly affordable $59. [Press Release]
Next Story: HP Cloud Services private beta program announced
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2011-09-01: Sony debuts Walkman prototype running Android
- 2011-07-28: Sony releases new Walkman PMPs
- 2011-05-05: Sony Walkman NWZ-B160F/B160 MP3 players debut
- 2010-04-12: Sony NWZ-W252 W-Series Walkman MP3 player
- 2010-04-12: Sony NWZ-B150 series of Walkman MP3 players