Looking for a set of iPhone/iPod speaker docks that’s also compatible with your iPad? Look no further as Sony has announced two new speaker dock systems – the RDP-X500iP and the ICF-CS15iP, both of which are claimed by Sony to work with the iPad.
For starters the RDP-X500iP (pictured to the left) is a pyramid-like shaped set of speakers. According to the press release, it looks like it will be featuring a bunch of Sony’s proprietary technology such as Clear Phase DSP, DMC technology, Dual Passive Radiators and Magnetic Fluid Speakers, all of which are supposed to provide better audio and clear up distortion and increase sound pressure, making the sound coming out crisp and clear, or so they claim.
Next up will be the ICF-CS15iP and once again comes featured with proprietary Sony technology such as MEGA BASS and Mega Xpand sound modes, with the former (as the name implies) enhancing the bass of the song and the latter supposedly providing a “richer” audio experience.
Both will do pretty much what is expected of iOS speaker docks, with the latter coming with a remote control as well. The RDP-X500iP will retail for $299 while the ICF-CS15iP is looking to be more affordable at $99. They are expected to be available in Sony stores come this October.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- iTunes Radio Will Start Promoting Pre-Release Albums
- Follow: iPad, iPhone, ipod, Sony, speakers,
- Seen at: marketwatch