Spotify made its debut in the US on July 14th but it was an invite-only service. But after Facebook’s announcement to integrate more services and apps into its service, it looks like Spotify is ready to open up to the rest of the country. Folks who have been pining for an invite since its launch but haven’t gotten on yet will be glad to know that as of today, anybody in the US can sign up for the service.
To celebrate its launch, Spotify will be giving users unlimited streaming for six months on the free plan, instead of the usual 10 hours. If you haven’t got an account yet, head over to Spotify’s website to see what the fuss is all about. Take note that a Facebook account is required to use the service.
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]
- 2011-07-14: Spotify launches in the US later today
- 2011-07-11: Spotify to launch in the US as an invite-only service this week?
- 2011-06-17: Spotify rumored to launch this July
- 2011-02-23: Spotify to arrive in the US very soon
- 2011-02-08: Spotify hitting the States soon?