While we know that Sprint will continue to keep its unlimited data plans, Sprint themselves decided to do a little bit of spring cleaning – and they have come to a decision to drop their 1-year contract renewal option to customers when October 2nd rolls around. Of course, previously, customers were able to renew their contract for a 1-year term while be on the receiving end of a $75 discount on a new device.
I guess if your current contract with Sprint ends after October 2nd, then you will need to fork out the full retail price for a new smartphone if you want to continue being on Sprint’s network, or opt to sign a 2-year contract while bringing home a new phone with a subsidized price.
At the moment, it seems as though Sprint’s 2-year contract option is the most popular among its subscribers, and it is not too hard to see why. Just for comparison’s sake, Verizon Wireless was already ahead of Sprint in this aspect when they ended their 1-year contract option in April earlier this year.RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: contract, Sprint,
- Seen at: mobileburn