Oddly enough, given how AT&T and Verizon are both currently the official carriers for the iPhone, there are no news or rumors about the iPhone 5 that have been affiliated with them, yet rumors about the iPhone 5 landing on Sprint seem to be aplenty. Perhaps in a bid to appease the public and cast off any doubts that Sprint will not be able to handle the iPhone, the network has come forward and stated that they are ready to handle the iPhone.
Now, this in no way confirms that Sprint will be bringing the iPhone 4/5 onto their network, or that the rumors are true. It seems that at the end of the day Sprint is basically saying that they are all about the user experience, by carefully watching their network and investing in their network’s infrastructure.
Sprint’s CFO did discuss the possibility of bringing Apple’s handset onto their network and also about the unlimited data plan. For those who were hoping for unlimited data on a possible future Sprint iPhone, the good news is that it looks like there will be an unlimited data plan, although the bad news is that there is a possibility that Sprint will eventually move away from an unlimited data plan, much like how AT&T and Verizon has done.
All of this seems to suggest that Sprint will be getting the iPhone, although which version remains to be seen – could it be the iPhone 4 or the iPhone 5?
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-05-24 iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24 Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2011-10-20 Sprint 3G network post-iPhone launch reported to be terrible
- 2011-10-14 iPhones bring "best ever day of sales for a device family" on Sprint