Adding more fuel to rumors about the iPhone arriving on Sprint, it has been reported that carrier will be increasing the upgrade fee for Sprint subscribers starting next week. According to a leaked screen shot of an internal document, starting on September 9th, the upgrade fee will be doubled from $18 to $36 for most customers (Corporate Liable, Sprint employee plans and SWAC or iDEN to CDMA upgrades won’t be affected). However, it looks like data plans will remained untouched – so fret not about your unlimited data plan going anywhere – at least in the near future.
Could the bumps in upgrade fees and the ETF fees reported yesterday a sign of the iPhone’s arrival on Sprint? If you’re hoping the answer is yes, keep those fingers crossed. As for those of you who enjoyed upgrading your phones on your Sprint line, will this price increase deter you from future upgrades?
Next Story: Monster Galaxy Goes Mobile
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling