With Verizon getting the head start on rolling out 4G LTE coverage, AT&T had to play catch up and started rolling out coverage of their own not too long ago. With Sprint considered to be the smallest out of the four major carriers, if they are hoping to remain competitive, it’s only natural that they hop on board the 4G LTE bandwagon as well.
While it’s no secret that Sprint has plans to eventually roll out 4G LTE coverage of their own, it looks like those plans may already be in motion, according to sources, and could see a launch of Sprint’s very own 4G LTE network early next year. Sprint has an event coming up in October, where they will be discussing Sprint’s strategy in the years to come.
Many had thought that perhaps it would be announcement of Sprint getting the iPhone 5 along with possible 4G LTE networks, so while Sprint’s iPhone still remains a mystery, assuming this recent leak is true, 4G LTE could be in Sprint’s cards come 2012. At the moment it is unclear as to which markets, or how many markets Sprint plans to cover at the start, so it looks like we will have to wait to find out.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 "Confirmed" To Sport A Metal Build [Rumor]
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For Facial Detection And Recognition
- Samsung Galaxy J Could Be Announced In Taiwan On December 9th
- Fairphone To Start Shipping Later This Month
- Motorola Apologizes For Cyber Monday Fiasco, Will Repeat Sales This Wednesday
- Follow: 4g, leak, lte, Sprint,
- Seen at: news.cnet