You can bet your bottom dollar that wherever money’s to be made, someone or an organization will surely go for the jugular – and perhaps casting an eye on the phenomenal success of Star Wars: The Complete Saga that comes in a Blu-ray package, Star Trek fans might hope to bring their franchise to a similar record breaking feat upon hearing that the franchise’s 25th anniversary will be celebrated in the form of the entire series coming in Blu-ray format next year.
That would mean all 178 episodes remastered in 1080p HD, letting your imagination run wild in the 24th century from the year 2364 to 2370. I must say, 178 episodes would have racked up plenty of film, so imagine all the work involved to go through 25,000 film reels of original footage alongside re-editing them in their original form. Your eyes won’t be the only beneficiary though, as this Blu-ray release will also feature 7.1 DTS Master Audio.
CBS won’t release all the episodes at once though – but rather, it will roll out one by one as the year progresses. Expect the first Blu-ray disc to arrive from January 31st onwards, where said disc will also carry a sampler of popular episodes in addition to the feature-length version of the pilot episode.
Next Story: Nokia N9 goes all white
- 2013-09-13: Star Trek Teleportation Prank Convinces People Scotty Can Beam Us Up
- 2013-09-11: NSA Director Might Have Starship Enterprise Bridge Replica
- 2013-08-23: Government Website Has Klingon Translation On Offer
- 2013-06-07: Star Trek Inspired Theme Park Approved In Jordan
- 2013-06-06: Acer Aspire R7 Star Trek Limited Edition Being Auctioned Off June 14
- 2011-10-17: Transformers: Dark of the Moon gets Blu-ray 3D version
- 2011-09-22: Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray breaks global sales records
- 2011-04-11: Asus BW-12D1S-U external 3D Blu-ray writer
- 2010-12-22: Pioneer 3D Blu-ray players come with iOS support
- 2010-11-10: Audiovox ready to ship Blu-ray player for vehicles