George Lucas is still laughing all the way to the bank a few decades since he unleashed the Star Wars space opera on us, making millions upon millions with no signs of abating, even through he came up with a rather lame three-quel in the last decade. Well, deciding that his cash cow still had some milk left in it (plenty, it would seem if you read on), Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray has broken global sales records just one week into its release – selling more than a million units, seeing $84 million change hands (in George’s favor, of course).
It obviously perched itself as the #1 pre-order and #1 catalog title ever since the Blu-ray format was launched, and it shows no sign of being knocked off anytime soon. 515,000 units were sold in North America in its first week, which is unprecedented for a nine-disc Blu-ray collection that does not come cheap, not to mention having George take the liberty of amending some of the original movie shots.
Do you want to be part of the record breaking feat, and do you think any other future film franchises or releases will be able to break Star Wars’ stranglehold in this department? [Press Release]RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: blu ray, bluray, star wars, starwars,