It looks like last week’s news about the announcement turned out to be true. Today, T-Mobile has given a release date for one of the most anticipated Android phones arriving on the network: the Samsung Galaxy S2. Already out on Sprint’s network and coming soon for AT&T, we finally have a release date for T-Mobile’s version. T-Mobile’s Galaxy S2 will feature a 4.52″ Super AMOLED Plus display, a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor (as opposed to the Exynos found on the other Galaxy S2 phones – this adds unneeded confusion for consumers, as the name of the phones and hardware don’t match but let’s hope the experience will), Android 2.3.5, NFC, DLNA compatible, HDMI output, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. The Galaxy S2 will also support T-Mobile’s HSPA+ 42 network.
The phone will be available nationwide starting October 12th, while online pre-sales will begin on October 10th. The phone is expected to cost $229.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a 2-year contract on T-Mobile. Find out more. And make sure you check out our reviews for the AT&T Galaxy S2 as well as the Sprint Epic 4G Touch.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 "Confirmed" To Sport A Metal Build [Rumor]
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For Facial Detection And Recognition
- Samsung Galaxy J Could Be Announced In Taiwan On December 9th
- Fairphone To Start Shipping Later This Month
- Motorola Apologizes For Cyber Monday Fiasco, Will Repeat Sales This Wednesday
- Follow: Android, galaxy s 2, galaxy s ii, galaxy s2, HSPA+, Samsung, t-mobile,