One of the rumors surrounding Apple’s next-generation iPhone is that it will sport both GSM and CDMA radios in one device, which means technically the iPhone 4S/5 should be able to run on just about any carrier around the world, making it a “world phone”. AT&T and Verizon have both been carrying the iPhone 4, and there have been rumors that Sprint will be one of the carriers to sport the iPhone 4S/5, but oddly enough there was no mention of T-Mobile.
A recent town hall meeting held by T-Mobile for their employees may confirm why T-Mobile has been left out of the loop surrounding iPhone 4S/5 rumors. According to T-Mobile’s Chief Marketing Officer, Cole Brodman, he bluntly stated that “We are not going to get the iPhone 5 this year.”
Now we could attempt to read between the imaginary lines and speculate that perhaps Brodman was simply trying to throw everyone off by making such an outrageous statement, or we could take it as it is – the truth. We’re guessing that T-Mobile users will be very disappointed by this news, and to be honest his blunt statement left nothing to the imagination, however with the iPhone 4S/5 supposedly a few weeks away from being announced/launched, T-Mobile subscribers should probably keep their fingers crossed!
Next Story: White iPod touch to be launched in October?
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-07-03: T-Mobile iPhone 5 Price Apparently Changed Once Again
- 2011-10-04: T-Mobile preps staff on how to combat iPhone enquiries
- 2011-05-13: Next iPhone to be called the iPhone 4S?