Samsung loves releasing variants of the same phone for all the different mobile carriers Stateside, and it is T-Mobile’s turn to see what their version of the Samsung Galaxy S2 will come with. Samsung’s Galaxy S Support Twitter account decided to give the game away, confirming previous rumors that this model will run on a Qualcomm processor – a 1.5GHz dual core Qualcomm APQ8060 processor to be exact. Hopefully at that clock speed, it won’t drain the battery life too much.
Apart from that, it will most likely ship with a MDM8220 category 24 HSDPA modem processor that is capable of 42Mbps HSPA+ data rates – just don’t be surprised when real world performance is far from the quoted figure since there are many bottlenecks here and there that will definitely affect the performance of the S2 when you retrieve data.
No idea on how much T-Mobile will price their version of the Galaxy S2 though, but chances are pretty good that it will be on par with what its rivals are offering – if you’re a T-Mobile subscriber, will you be making a jump to this new phone?RELATED
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Samsung Prepares SM-W750V Windows Phone 8 Smartphone Release For 2014
- Oppo Find 7 Could Feature 5.7" 2K Display With Snapdragon 805 Chipset [Rumor]
- Follow: galaxy s 2, galaxy s2, Samsung, tmobile,
- Seen at: androidandme