Samsung loves releasing variants of the same phone for all the different mobile carriers Stateside, and it is T-Mobile’s turn to see what their version of the Samsung Galaxy S2 will come with. Samsung’s Galaxy S Support Twitter account decided to give the game away, confirming previous rumors that this model will run on a Qualcomm processor – a 1.5GHz dual core Qualcomm APQ8060 processor to be exact. Hopefully at that clock speed, it won’t drain the battery life too much.
Apart from that, it will most likely ship with a MDM8220 category 24 HSDPA modem processor that is capable of 42Mbps HSPA+ data rates – just don’t be surprised when real world performance is far from the quoted figure since there are many bottlenecks here and there that will definitely affect the performance of the S2 when you retrieve data.
No idea on how much T-Mobile will price their version of the Galaxy S2 though, but chances are pretty good that it will be on par with what its rivals are offering – if you’re a T-Mobile subscriber, will you be making a jump to this new phone?
Next Story: Windows 8 app store set to open doors
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-04-08: T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-06-12: Android 4.0 for T-Mobile's Galaxy S2 now available for download
- 2011-09-26: T-Mobile introduces Samsung Galaxy S2
- 2011-09-22: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 almost here?
- 2011-08-26: Samsung Galaxy S 2 US variants pictured