In addition to its two new powerhouse devices, T-Mobile introduced a brand new mobile hotspot today. Called the Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot, it provides access to T-Mobile’s HSPA+ 42 network for up to five WiFi-enabled devices. It is manufactured by Huawei, features a sleek and ultra-portable form factor, and only weighs 3.88 ounces. Talk about lightweight! In addition to functioning as a mobile hotspot, the Sonic 4G has an SD card slot that can be used to store and share content with friends and family connected to it.
The Sonic 4G features an OLED display to show signal strength, number of devices connected, number of unread text messages, connectivity to the internet, battery level and network connection type. The Sonic 4G will be available sometime next month though no prices have been announced yet. Stay tuned for more details.
Next Story: HTC Amaze 4G announced for T-Mobile
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2012-12-11: T-Mobile rolls out more iPhone-ready networks
- 2012-11-08: T-Mobile increases network speeds for iPhones in three new areas
- 2012-06-08: T-Mobile confirms iPhone compatible 4G HSPA+ network for WWDC attendees
- 2012-03-13: T-Mobile's LTE network might be accompanied by HSPA+ 84
- 2011-11-22: T-Mobile Springboard now available for $430