Telstra has just announced that their HD7 and Mozart smartphones from HTC will be on the receiving end of the Windows Phone Mango update, although owners of the HTC Desire (strange to see how a high end phone becomes obsolete in slightly more than a year – the feeling is surreal) will cringe to hear that there will be no custom Gingerbread update – guess Froyo is as good as it gets, so learn to live with that or buy a newer handset.
It isn’t Telstra’s fault though, as HTC claims that memory requirements of Android 2.3 Gingerbread are far too high of what the HTC Desire is able to offer, so perhaps it is time to have some closure if you’re a Desire owner.
At least Telstra has approved of the Windows Phone Mango software update that will more or less be released the moment HTC’s second generation Windows Phone 7 handsets arrive at Telstra.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: HTC, htc hd7, htc mozart, mango, windows phone 7.5,
- Seen at: telstra.au