Good news TomTom users, it appears that the popular navigation app on the iPhone has finally been optimized for the iPad, as pictured above (image credits: Giiks). It seems that TomTom has been paying attention to what their users want and have finally come up with the iPad optimized version.
The iPad version is expected to bring about enhanced screen resolution, sharpened graphics along with what the company claims to be “more intuitive controls” that have been specifically designed for the iPad in mind. It also appears to feature more readable information that includes announcements of slightly more complex routes.
The app will be available come Autumn 2011, and here’s the good news – those who have bought the TomTom app for the iPhone will be able to download the iPad version simply by updating the app to version 1.8. It also works the other way around – by buying the iPad version you will be able to download it onto your iPhone as well at no extra cost.
For those interested in getting their hands on the app for the first time, the current version is retailing for €59.99 on the iTunes App Store.
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2012-10-04: TomTom for Android makes its way into the Google Play store
- 2012-08-29: TomTom for Android to be announced at IFA
- 2012-08-14: Telenav Scout gets offline navigation
- 2012-06-06: TomTom to launch on Android devices "fairly soon"
- 2011-06-28: TomTom's iPhone App Gets Updated With HD Traffic Updates