Toshiba doesn’t just make TVs and camcorders you know – here we are with word of the Toshiba TC35420 (perfect for those who love to challenge their memory by memorizing model numbers and names) that is actually a wireless chip which is capable of supporting the TransferJet near-field wireless transmission technology.
Samples of the TC35420 chip are expected to ship at the end of January next year, where you can expect volume production to begin sometime in the second quarter of 2012 at around a million units monthly. Toshiba hopes to see the fruit of their labor see action across a board of devices such as notebooks, tablets, smartphones and digital cameras amongst others.
It is said that this latest development from Toshiba boasts a high receiver sensitivity that stands at -78dBm (Rate65), which is higher compared to what the TransferJet standard offers at -71dBm, thanks to the clever implementation of the company’s original wireless communications technology. It would be interesting to see the extent of this new chip’s influence sometime next year.
Next Story: Panasonic Lumix 101P arrives in Japan
- 2014-04-23 Toshiba Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD Announced
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16 Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27 Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed