Remember the TouchDroid project that kicked off shortly after HP announced that they will no longer continue support for the webOS platform? Well, shortly after that, a group of developers known as TouchDroid decided to port over the Android operating system to the HP TouchPad, and now we have a video of Android 2.3.5 running on a TouchPad – complete with multitouch capability to boot!
The current firmware hacks receive their inspiration from Gingerbread builds of the Android operating system, and it remains to be seen whether such a project will be able to achieve similar results when running on Android 3.0 Honeycomb or not. Why not check out the video after the jump for more context?
- 2013-03-05 Android 4.x Finally Overtakes Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2012-08-02 Android 2.3 Gingerbread still on the majority of devices accessing the Google Play store, Android 4.0 ICS comes in second
- 2011-12-21 Dell Streak 5 receives official Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM
- 2011-11-27 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread headed to Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- 2011-11-14 LG Optimus 3D receives enhanced Android 2.3 Gingerbread update
- 2011-11-08 HP TouchPad gets a new Android ROM from Team Xron
- 2011-10-24 HP TouchPad tests Windows 8
- 2011-10-13 Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad
- 2011-10-07 HP TouchPad hits 1,000 apps, users get more free apps
- 2011-10-06 HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?