Once in a while, we come across a cute little device that we are not too sure just how to categorize it. Let’s just say the Tursion TS-102 is one of those confounding moments – take a look at it, and most folks would say that this is another attempt to make a crack at the pico projector market, but it will never be able to end up as a commercial success. Well, you are half correct – as this is a pico projector that delivers 800 x 600 resolution at 20 lumens of brightness, shooting out a maximum image of 100″ in size.
Just what makes it special then? Well, the Tursion TS-102 achieves a world’s first by virtue of it running on the Android operating system from Google – although it will be just Android 2.1 Eclair (that is supremely outdated now, as Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread is the latest version for smartphones and Android 3.2 Honeycomb for tablets). Still, being an older version does not mean it won’t get the job done, especially when you take into consideration that this is a pico projector we’re talking about.
Other specifications include 8GB of internal memory which is clearly a leap forward for such a device, and a microSD memory card slot for expansion purposes. Equipped with Wi-fi connectivity, you will find all the relevant user interface buttons, touch pad and remote control bundled in a $449 package.RELATED
- Pentax WG-10 Point And Shoot Camera Announced
- Underwater camera that can tweet photos of swimmers used in London Olympics
- YouTube Allows Publishers to Solicit Donations for Kickstarter and Indiegogo Projects
- LED 720p Mini Video Watch by Thanko
- HTC EVO 4G LTE: First Impressions
- Follow: pico projector, projector, projectors,
- Seen at: picoprojector-info