The Twitter community has finally hit one hundred million users – according to a post on the official Twitter blog. It has taken five years to come this far, but a hundred million is nothing to scoff at. More than half of them log on at least once a day to Tweet, while the remaining 40% of those active users just log on to read tweets from people that they follow.
Twitter has definitely made an impact in our world – it has become part of our lingo, and even has an entry in the Oxford dictionary. It’s become one of the best and freshest source of news (and outrageous rumors) – with information spreading like wildfire thanks to how easy it is to retweet or share a message on the service. Twitter has a lot of big names using the service as well. From politicians, to athletes, to entertainers and companies – everybody seems to have a Twitter account nowadays.
How many of you have Twitter accounts? Be sure to follow us at @Ubergizmo to subscribe to our blog posts.RELATED
- New Website Helps Users Check If Their Email Account Has Been Hacked
- Facebook Is Open To The Idea Of A "Sympathize" Button
- Download Gmail And Google Calendar User Data Starting Today
- Top Yahoo Searches In 2013 Revealed
- PayPal Now Offering Digital Gift Cards For Purchase
- Follow: twitter,
- Seen at: blog.twitter