The Twitter community has finally hit one hundred million users – according to a post on the official Twitter blog. It has taken five years to come this far, but a hundred million is nothing to scoff at. More than half of them log on at least once a day to Tweet, while the remaining 40% of those active users just log on to read tweets from people that they follow.
Twitter has definitely made an impact in our world – it has become part of our lingo, and even has an entry in the Oxford dictionary. It’s become one of the best and freshest source of news (and outrageous rumors) – with information spreading like wildfire thanks to how easy it is to retweet or share a message on the service. Twitter has a lot of big names using the service as well. From politicians, to athletes, to entertainers and companies – everybody seems to have a Twitter account nowadays.
How many of you have Twitter accounts? Be sure to follow us at @Ubergizmo to subscribe to our blog posts.
Next Story: Evernote released for BlackBerry PlayBook
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest