If you’re hoping for the next Left 4 Dead or Portal game from Valve Software to make an appearance on your smartphone – you can stop holding your breath for now because it’s not going to happen – at least not anytime soon. The folks over at Kotaku recently had a talk with Valve and according to their report, the company has no interest in making portable games at all. Valve isn’t going to make games for consoles like the 3DS or Vita, let alone for the iOS or Android devices. “We’re about people sitting on their couches or at their desks,” Valve writer, Chet Faliszek was quoted as saying.
Because Valve is having a lot of success on the PC and on home consoles, I guess it doesn’t really see the need to enter the mobile market yet. Valve’s CEO, Gabe Newell himself has said that they wouldn’t be creating games for the PlayStation 3 in the past – look how things turned out. If the mobile market becomes a significant competitor to the larger “living room” consoles, we’ll see Valve take the leap – but it’s probably not going to be anytime soon. What are your thoughts? Would you like to see Valve games on handheld devices?
Next Story: Belkin Tablet Kitchen Accessories
- 2014-04-16 Wolfenstein: The New Order Pre-Order Bonuses Includes TF2 Items And DOOM Beta Access
- 2014-04-16 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-03 Half-Life 2 Reimagined With Unreal Engine Looks Gorgeous
- 2014-03-25 Valve's "Free To Play" Documentary Garners 5.5 Million Views
- 2014-03-19 Valve's DotA 2 "Free To Play" Documentary Is Now Available For Viewing
- 2011-12-13 Half-Life 3 announcement imminent?
- 2010-05-11 Steam For Mac Launch Details Revealed