Verizon Wireless looks all set to introduce an OTA (Over The Air) update for the HTC Thunderbolt before September is over – considering how the battery-sapping HTC Thunderbolt’s support page has been given a refresh, sporting new details surrounding the upcoming 2.11.605.3 version number. There will be the standard slew of what you can expect with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but it is also said that the new Thunderbolt update will carry a new Download App Manager, improved application and power management (hooray!) as well as a new desktop user interface.
Expect to see the Static Phone, App Launcher and Contacts icons booted out – all three will be replaced within a customizable dock. There will be a trio of swappable icons alongside the App Launcher icon being affixed to the Dock located at the bottom of all home screen panels so that you will be able to access them in a jiffy. We do hope to see someone capture an image of the “new” UI though.
There is no concrete date concerning the OTA rollout plan though, but you can be sure it is going to be soon. Real soon, as in before the summer Olympics of next year.
- 2014-04-24 HTC One (M8) All-In-One Toolkit Performs Near Automatic Rooting
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2011-10-26 HTC Thunderbolt finally gets working Gingerbread update
- 2011-08-31 HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-07-04 Verizon promotion sees cheaper iPhone 4, HTC Thunderbolt
- 2011-06-26 Gingerbread coming soon for HTC Thunderbolt
- 2011-04-13 HTC Thunderbolt runs into more 4G connectivity problems