If you have been following the news surrounding the wave of patent wars, you’re probably aware that just about every tech company is suing each other over patent infringements. Apple’s case against Samsung is probably the biggest headline considering that Apple has chased Samsung pretty much halfway around the world. HTC has also filed a lawsuit against Apple along with Motorola, and now it looks like another company has entered the fray with their own patent infringement lawsuit.
Taiwanese company VIA Technologies has recently filed a patent infringement lawsuit in Wilmington, Delaware, against Apple. The company is alleging that Apple has infringed upon their patents via the processors that Apple is currently using in their mobile devices (for those unfamiliar, that would be the A4 and A5 chips). The processors can be found in a variety of Apple devices such as the iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 4 (including the CDMA version), iPod touch 4th gen and Apple TV 2nd gen. According to the complaint filed by VIA Technologies:
“The products at issue generally concern microprocessors included in a variety of electronic products such as certain smartphones, tablet computers, portable media players and other computing devices.”
Following in Apple’s footsteps, VIA Technologies is looking to ban the sales of Apple products that they claim infringe upon their patents. It is not clear as to how exactly Apple infringed upon their patents, but more on this as it develops.
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2013-06-17 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Releasing On iOS June 20
- 2013-05-24 iOS 7 Redesign May Feature Flat 'Black and White' Design
- 2013-05-24 Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-17 Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2011-02-01 3rd iOS SDK 4.3 beta to be seeded today?