Viadeo is a business social network similar to LinkedIn and very popular outside the USA, the service is number one in China and number two in India, with a global user-base of over 35 million members. Since the re-design of its brand and website, Viadeo growth rate has soared: one million new members are joining each month.
Today, Viadeo launched its public API in the US, providing a Viadeo Connect button to developers, just like Facebook connect, based on Oauth 2 authentication protocol. With Video API, developers will be able to tap into Viadeo’s huge amount of data and leverage it for their sites.
To show the multiple ways Viadeo’s social graph can be used, the company designed a subway map with several lines, each representing a different category with each station representing a table in the database. The subway graph is great (image above), you instantly understand what could be possible to achieve using the API.
Viadeo also launched its Developer API contest http://dev.viadeo.com/challenge/. Starting today, the contest runs through October 14, 2011. Submissions will be reviewed from October 15-20 by a panel of judges including Robert Scoble and Kin Lane of Programmable Web. The winners will be announced on October 24.
Next Story: Infra-red invisibility cloak for tanks
- 2013-04-19: Mystery Samsung Model Leak Turns Out To Be Galaxy S4 Developer Prototype
- 2013-04-04: HTC One Developer Edition Arrives This April 19th
- 2012-05-02: Nokia has Given 17,000 Windows Phones to Developers
- 2011-11-21: Developer creates proxy server for Siri with custom handlers
- 2011-11-14: Apple Siri Request Sent From Non-iPhone 4S devices
- 2011-11-07: Pioneer Launches ZYPR Mobile API and Revenue Sharing Model
- 2011-10-10: Google+ Traffic Dives by more than 50% [Chitika]
- 2011-08-25: Diffbot API uses visual learning to parse web content
- 2011-07-25: iOS 5 has face detection API for developers
- 2011-07-19: Proust: Share Privately Your Memorable Stories with Friends and Family