Windows Phone 7′s major update, codenamed Mango, is almost here and one of the major features it will bring to the phone is video calling support. Unfortunately for all the first generation WP7 phones, they won’t have front facing cameras to take advantage of the feature. However, the next generation phones will be packing them, and Microsoft recently uploaded a video demonstrating the feature on a HTC TITAN.
Overall it looks pretty good for a 3G call (I’m assuming it’s over 3G as well, since the demonstrator is outdoors), and it also supports camera switching so that users can show the other party what they’re looking at as well as their own faces. Check out the video demonstration to see Tango in action on the HTC TITAN after the break:
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: app, HTC, htc titan, mango, Microsoft, tango, video calling, windows phone, windows phone 7, wp7,
- Seen at: washingtonpost