Wal-Mart – the world’s largest retailer, will definitely impact the environment in their own special way with each step that they take – whether for better or for worse, depending on the kind of decisions the board takes. Nice to know that Wal-Mart is working on the installation of solar arrays on 60 more California stores – which means the number of solar-powered stores in California alone will hit 130 by the time 2014 rolls around, which accounts for 75% of all the stores it owns in the Golden State.
This particular investment by the company is expected to result in another positive backlash (if you could call it that) apart from helping reduce power costs from the grid – that is, to create hundreds of jobs in California thanks to its partnership with SolarCity, the company that will be in charge of owning, installing and maintaining the new solar power systems.
Since the first Wal-Mart solar project was initiated, the San Mateo- based company has already seen their ranks rise by over 500 new full-time staff – so with this latest move by Wal-Mart, you can expect hundreds more positions to open up before 2012 rolls around.RELATED
- Nokia's New Video Highlights How The Lumia 1520 Was Made Using Recycled CDs
- Fairphone To Start Shipping Later This Month
- Luna Ring Harvests Solar Energy On Moon For Use On Earth
- Shama-Shades Are Solar-Powered Sunnies
- Woosh Water Station Takes A Second Look At Drinking Fountain
- Follow: Solar, solar power, walmart,
- Seen at: treehugger