In the upcoming weeks, Apple is expected to hold a press conference to announce their new lineup of iPods and hopefully the iPhone. While the iPod is popular in its own right, it’s probably not as grabbing as news on Apple’s next-generation iPhone, which is why not much has been known about the upcoming refresh to Apple’s series of iPods.
Previous rumors have stated that the next refresh of the iPod touch will see it get 3G radio, essentially turning it into the iPhone but without traditional voice calling capabilities, but now according to MacRumors who has received new information, it seems that the next-generation iPod touch is not expected to be very different from the previous generation’s.
According to information given to them, the next-generation iPod touch will be available in white and get a new oleophobic coating for its display and a revised ambient light sensor. Apart from that it is expected to be nearly identical to the current fourth generation model. It is also expected to see a release in October, hopefully along with the iPhone 4S/5.
White components for the iPod touch have surfaced in the past, and if the information MacRumors was given is accurate, iPod touch users looking for a more exciting refresh will be disappointed.RELATED
- iRadio Rumored For Fall Launch Alongside iOS 7
- Apple Reportedly Looking To Pay Half The Royalty Rates That Pandora Does
- Apple Executives Reportedly Met Up With Jimmy Iovine To Talk Music Streaming
- Radio Buttons Found On Jailbroken iPad Corroborates iTunes Streaming Service Rumor
- Apple's Rumored Pandora-equivalent Radio Service Predicted For 2013 Announcement
- Follow: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, ipod, ipod touch, white,
- Seen at: macrumors