What’s the hottest flavor of the month? No, it isn’t Froyo, but if you answered Mango, then you’re absolutely correct. It seems that Microsoft’s latest version of their mobile operating system, Windows Phone, will be releasing the Mango update (7.5) in Taiwan this coming September 16th – which is this Friday.
According to WeLoveWP.hk, Microsoft informed Tech Days attendees in Taiwan that Windows Phone 7 Mango will hit the country this coming Friday, and it is to many people’s disappointment that the update is not an OTA (Over The Air) release, but rather, users will need to physically drag their butts to a shop or designated location to obtain the software update.
Hopefully more concrete information concerning Windows Phone Mango will be released in due time – it does seem to shape up to be one of the better updates to have been released from Microsoft’s stable over their history in the involvement of mobile operating systems.
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08: Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download
- 2014-04-07: Windows 8.1 Update Compulsory For Windows 8.1 Users
- 2011-11-07: Spotify hits Windows Phone 7.5 devices
- 2011-10-28: Windows Phone Mango heads for virtually all devices
- 2011-10-10: Acer Allegro smartphone with Windows Mango?
- 2011-09-25: HTC Arrive with Mango seen in Las Vegas Sprint store
- 2011-08-25: Microsoft confirms Mango supports front facing cameras