While ZiiLabs may not be that well known in the tablet market compared to other brands such as Samsung, Motorola, or Apple, they do put out some pretty nice looking reference designs that are aimed at OEMs who may want to get in on the tablet game but don’t want to spend time coming up with an entirely new design from scratch.
The latest reference design that ZiiLabs has come up with is from their Jaguar series of designs – the Jaguar3. Based on the reference designs, the Jaguar3 is a 10.1” tablet that will be sporting ZiiLabs’ 1.5GHz dual-core ZMS-20 or quad-core ZMS-40 SoC, and will be accompanied by a rear and front facing camera. It will sport a multitouch display with 1280×800 resolution and comes equipped with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio, 1GB of RAM, HDMI 1.4 output, and will be running on Android’s Honeycomb 3.2.
It also appears to be rather slim in its design, although as to when (and if) we will see the tablet being put into production remains a mystery. Now if this tablet reference design looks good and you’re hoping to see it being made a reality, the ZiiLabs Jaguar3 design kit supposedly starts sampling sometime in October this year. Just a matter of when and who will be picking it up and turning it into an actual product.RELATED
- Adobe Introduces Bluetooth Smart Stylus, Ruler Projects
- Google Improves Gmail Mobile Web To Adopt Gmail 2.0 for iOS UI
- Samsung Granted Patent for Dual Screen Tablet Device
- Adastra Superyacht Launched in China Can be Controlled with an iPad
- Creative unveils HanZpad GS Android 4.0 tablet reference design
- Follow: Android, creative, honeycomb,
- Seen at: fudzilla