Today must be a sad day for over 8 million Battlefield 3 fans. And if you’re wondering why 8 million; that’s the number of players recorded that took part in the Battlefield 3 open beta. EA/DICE announced the end of the open beta period today, and now it’s up to them to polish and patch up the game before its official release on October 25th next week.
To celebrate the end of the beta, the released an interesting infographic with random stats collected over the past few weeks and there’s some pretty interesting stuff: 47 billion shots were fired during the course of the open beta, while the longest headshot recorded was 635.6 meters away. The next time you hear that sniper rifle go off, you’re probably not far enough to be considered safe from harm.
Check out the full infographic at the source link. How many of you will be picking up this game next week?
Next Story: Motorola DROID RAZR revealed early
- 2013-10-31: Battlefield 3 Player Uses Military Terms During Match For A Hilarious Experience
- 2013-06-27: Korean Movie Trailer Accused Of Being A Battlefield 3 Rip-off
- 2012-11-30: Battlefield 3 Aftermath Expansion PC Footage
- 2012-11-27: Battlefield 3 Patch Corrects Input Lag, Balances Weapons And Squashes Bugs
- 2012-09-04: Battlefield 3 Armored Kill patch released
- 2012-03-28: Battlefield 3 1.04 update crashes PS3
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3: Physical Warfare pack now on PC and Xbox 360
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3 commercial created by FreddieW
- 2011-12-19: Battlefield 2143 hinted in Battlefield 3