I guess when it comes to online app stores, while the total number of apps do matter to a certain extent, it is more the quality that consumers are looking at. The Android Market is growing for sure, but it is still a far cry from what the App Store from Apple has achieved, although it has done pretty well for itself. Right now, there are more than 500,000 published applications in total according to research firm Research2guidance.
Apple’s App Store has already seen 20% or so more successful submissions, it is interesting trivia to know that the Android Market also partook in the removal of over 37% of submitted applications later on by developers or by Google, which is rather high compared to Apple that removed 24% of their apps in comparison.
This might very well be due to the open nature of the Android Market, meaning quality control is not that high compared to Apple’s rather strict (some say draconian) approval system. What do you think, and who will end up as the winner in the end?RELATED
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- Follow: Android, market,
- Seen at: androidpit