When it comes to camera brands, normally loyalties lie with just one manufacturer, especially where professional photographers are concerned. There are those in the Nikon camp, while others swear by Canon or other brands. Those who love German engineering and shoot using nothing but Nikon cameras will be able to celebrate a new milestone – where we have news that the total production of NIKKOR lenses for Nikon SLR cameras has touched the 65,000,000 mark.
Yes sir, that is around one NIKKOR lens for every 5 Americans if you do the math. The length of time it took for Nikon to achieve such a feat? Well, Nikon started manufacturing NIKKOR lenses in 1959, which would place them more than 50 years in the business of rolling out SLR cameras and NIKKOR lenses.
Make no mistake about it, Nikon fully intends to maintain their edge and competitiveness to meet the future 65 million more lenses sold. Their latest NIKKOR lenses would be for the FX- and DX-format SLR cameras. Are you a Nikon fan? [Press Release]
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released